Zoe Walker spent decades finding her brother Axel. When she began to think that the search would not bring any success, information appeared about the death of a relative. Since the local police did not want to take up the investigation, Zoe decided on her own to find out who killed her brother. Thus began the most terrible adventures in her life…
“White Lines ss 2”: release date, announcement
An important role in starting the filming of season 2 can be played by the great desire of the producers to show the audience how this story will end. And only then their attention will be paid to the audience rating. Will the director want to get to work?
Officially, the continuation of the crime action drama “White Lines” has not been announced. But most critics are inclined to believe that there will still be a new season. Even if the viewer sees new episodes, then certainly not earlier than May 2021. After all, the production of film projects was slowed down in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the director and his team will find it difficult to make up for lost time.
The bright sun of sultry Spain does not spare anyone. So Zoe, who came here with her husband, decided to stay and find the culprit in the death of her brother. Local police refused to investigate because the murder was committed more than 20 years ago. This angered the girl, who spent a lot of time and energy searching for a relative. Zoe decided to stay, but no one will help her in the investigation now.
Her husband had to leave, working affairs awaited him. As obsessed, Zoe begins to search for mutual friends. And the first person she finds is Ibiza’s popular DJ, Marcus. Previously, he and Axel hung together in different clubs, and the latest information about her brother Zoe received from Marcus. 20 years ago, he said that Axel went to India.
Recently, Zoe found out that her brother did not visit India, which means Marcus lied. But why? He claims that he wanted to protect Zoe from the unpleasant truth. But is Marcus confident in his own words?
While the tragedy unfolding in Zoe’s life, one eminent family living in Ibiza is experiencing its own problems. Mr. Calafat accuses his wife, Conchita, and their son of killing Axel, and his body was buried in his lands. More recently, he learned about this from his faithful friend and now the man wants to get even with his relatives.
Soon, the two storylines will connect and it will be clear that Axel is alive. But how does Zoe find out about this and can she spend some time with her brother? The Calafat family hides many secrets, including its casino-based gaming business. And Conchita is ready for anything to cover herself and her son.
Actors and their roles
- Zoe Walker – the main character of the show; 20 years ago her brother disappeared, whom she is trying to find now, but for some time without success; so obsessed with this thought that she is capable of abandoning her own family to set off in search of Axel; remains in Ibiza to investigate the murder; in the end, she finds her brother’s friends – Laura Haddock.
- Marcus – a DJ, has been working for over 20 years; used to be friends with Axel, but after his disappearance, Marcus called Zoe, said he was a guy in India; then none of them contacted the girl; divorced, he has 2 daughters; actively distributes narcotic substances – Daniel Mays.
- Conchita Calafat – the wife of an influential criminal authority who creates her own lawlessness behind her husband’s back; trying to persuade a priest to consecrate her new casino, because she needs the blessing of the Lord; but he refuses, citing the fact that gambling is in second place after pedophilia and the priest simply cannot live in peace if he allows the consecration of the casino; according to her husband’s assumption, Conchita killed Axel – Belén López.
- The directors of the project were Ashley Way, Luis Prieto and Nick Hamm. Unlike other TV shows, where the directors most often met on the set of other films, Hamm, Prieto and Way had never worked together before.
- Laura Haddock was nominated three times as “Best Actress” at various film awards, but we will not know the results until the end of 2020. The remaining actors do not have a single nomination.
- The last of the actors in the project came Tom Rhys Harries. The directors have approached too scrupulously the choice of a person for the role of Axel. Having a non-standard appearance, Harries fit perfectly into the show, creating the impression of a person who is worth looking for.
- Belén López for a long time ignored the proposal of the producers to take part in the show, playing the main villain. Having decided to ponder over the need to go on set, Belén extended her silence for 2 months. In the end, the actress decided to agree.
- Filming took place in Ibiza at a time that is considered the season for visitors. It was easy to shoot in a crowd of people, because people absolutely did not pay attention to the cameras located on every corner. Visitors are used to filming and never interfere with the process, since it is in their interests not to fall into the lens. After all, they came for other entertainments.
White Lines Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|