TV series “Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty” tells about the most interesting years of the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. Many people were against the fact that such a reckless man, like Jerry Buss, was at the head of a brilliant team. But it was under his leadership that the brightest moments took place and the most cherished dreams in the career of basketball players came true!
“Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty ss 2”: release date, announcement
Unfortunately for fans of sports dramas, the sequel to “Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty” has not been announced. Season 1 tells about the events that took place in the early 80s, which became the most productive for the players.
Buss only adored women and basketball. He dreamed of basketball all his life. And while his peers spent time in offices or with family, Jerry could only boast of a failed marriage. He also boasted $30 million worth of real estate and a fun, irresponsible lifestyle that was reserved only for shady hobbies and charming beauties.
Waking up one morning in the arms of another girl, Buss decided to completely change his life and go all in. Mortgaging all the property, borrowing money from his ex-wife and taking a fabulous loan from the bank, he bought the Los Angeles Lakers club from its former owner. The first person noticed by the new head of the club was a black young man who was recently shown on TV.
His name was Earvin Johnson, nicknamed “Magic”. At the request of Jerry, he came to the big city to conclude a major contract. Behind him were successful performances in the university team. It was hard not to notice such a talented guy, so Buss decided to lure him into the newly acquired team with a huge fee.
And although America has long been fighting against racial hatred, Earvin was hard to join the team. There was everything between the players: personal motives were mixed into work, addictions did not allow them to enter the court in the midst of the match… But it was Buss, who knows everything about a fun life, who was able to help his guys overcome difficulties and become champions.
The writing of Season 1 was heavily influenced by Magic’s longstanding rivalry with white player Larry Bird. He is ten years older than Earvin, which means he has more experience. His career is focused on the success of the “Boston”, but day by day the young black catches up with him, increasing the number of hits in the ring. It has long been known how this confrontation ended.
But how interesting it is to look at the game of the strongest from the point of view of feature films! Jerry has a huge impact on the 19-year-old youth who came to the first meeting with his own father. Magic already then knew his own worth and bargained well, realizing the prospects of his position. In the future, this skill helped him create the perfect balance, but took a large share of his health…
Actors and their roles
- Jerry Buss — a lover of sharp turns in life and a creator of delicate situations; made the most outspoken team of cheerleaders; he adored lecherous events, bourbon and everything that could somehow cheer him up; he walked through life easily, which irritated his partner so much; the owner of the basketball club, for which he got into debt — John C. Reilly.
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson — a smart, resourceful and talented basketball player who was coached by his father throughout his childhood; grateful for his father’s care, because he himself saw what it cost him; many white people openly laughed at him when his father asked to give Earvin the opportunity to play professional basketball — Quincy Isaiah.
- Larry Bird — Earvin’s main enemy; forward in the “Boston Celtics” team at the time Magic joined the “Lakers”, for many years he could not calm down with the opponent’s wins; never changed a basketball club in all his life — Sean Patrick.
- The TV series was directed and created by popular actor Jonah Hill (“The Wolf of Wall Street”, “7.7Moneyball”, “Mid90s”, “21 Jump Street”), who is gradually moving away from work in the frame, preferring to hold on to his outside. He was joined by Adam McKay, his “Don’t Look Up” co-star.
- The casting took place on the basketball court of the University of Massachusetts – the birthplace of the world famous player who became the main character of the picture. Magic himself did not take part in the creation of the TV show and did not comment on the fact that his personal life was put on public display.
- The height and physique of Sean Patrick and Quincy Isaiah match those of their characters. Recall that both basketball players at that time weighed about 220 pounds, and their height reached 6.75 feet.
Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|