San Francisco, today. Kai Jin’s calm life is not as measured as before. The ghosts of the past and the random stranger chasing him on the heels, forcing him to admit his true identity. But Kai is not ready for such changes, especially since in his true guise he is a murderer.
When will the series “Wu Assassins Season 2″ be released?
For a long time, the project was considered frozen, since none of the producers wanted to take on its promotion. But in 2016, the first prerequisites for the “Wu Assassins” to appear on the screen soon appeared. The result is the long-awaited premiere on August 8, 2019 on the Netflix.
The sequel to the TV series “Wu Assassins” has not been officially announced, but it is known that a full-length film will soon await viewers. The creators of the project spoke about this in February 2021. The film will be titled “Wu Assassins: Fistful of Vengeance”, which will eventually be a sequel to the series’ first season finale. Filming began in early 2021, and the entire production team went to Thailand.
Kai Jin is a great cook who makes a living selling his own food. Life has repeatedly provided him with a chance to work in elite institutions. But, in order not to feel obliged to someone, Kai buys a van with his own efforts, moving around the city from place to place. Although the earnings are small, this is enough for Kai to lead a measured life.
Showdowns in the local quarter add problems to the protagonist. In addition to fights with unknowns, fate brings Gene with an ex-girlfriend, whose relationship ended very sadly. Plunging deeper into depression, Kai finds himself new problems. At this time, fate itself presents him with new unpleasant surprises.
He meets the mysterious Ying Ying, which reveals a completely different world to him. In it, Kai is a fanatical killer who maintains a balance between good and evil. At present, evil in Chinatown exceeds reasonable limits, and Ying Ying asks Kai to join her in the fight against enemies, having accepted his strength Wu.
Not believing In’s ravings and counting fantastic phenomena as a game of his own imagination, Jin hurried home. But already at the entrance he had to apply new skills in practice. Unknown bandits broke into the house to harm Kai and his family. It was here that the guy realized how profitable he was to be the Wu Assassin.
Having managed to protect his comrades, he was able to remain unidentified, as his appearance changed beyond recognition. Thus, his enemies for some time did not know with whom exactly they are dealing. The more time passed, the more Kai got used to the new look. Even relations with Ying Ying have become more trusting.
But for a long time such an idyll could not continue. In Chinatown, there were other ancient organizations that fought for their rights. True, while infringing on the rights of other residents. With them, Kai will have to join the battle. But what if your relatives are on the side of the enemies?
Actors and their roles
- Kai Jin – a young guy; perfectly cooks, and thereby earns a living; periodically receives job offers from leading restaurateurs in Chinatown, but constantly refuses; he is the last of the Wu Assassins clan, so the responsibility for the continued prosperity of the quarter remains with him – Iko Uwais.
- Uncle Six – Kai’s adoptive father, but he does not see gratitude, since Jin believes that he was taken from his beloved family to unknown lands; uncle has the power of fire and is able to set fire to objects and attack with the help of fireballs; is the leader of the Triad and one of those whom Kai must destroy – Byron Mann.
- Ying Ying – appeared in Kai’s life at the most necessary moment and practically saved him from death; told the whole truth about the Wu Assassins; made Kai accept the truth about himself; teaches him the skill of battle; Ying is the first Wu Assassin to fight the main bosses – Celia Au.
- The series is distributed by Netflix video hosting, which advertised the picture as one of the best fighting works after films with Bruce Lee. Even the film “Ip Man”, according to many viewers, remained on the sidelines, although it is considered one of the best films of past years.
- The number of battle scenes in the film is just off the charts, so the series is suitable for viewing for those viewers who love well-set fights with actors, stuntmen and fantastic forces. Most of the actors’ working time is spent on testing battles.
- Iko Uwais has long been famous among American viewers, and even before the release of the first season of the series “Wu Assassins”, he received audience approval for his participation. Iko very much appreciates such care on the part of the Americans, so he often expresses his respect to them.
- Celia Au at the beginning of the release of the season 1 violently denied the rumors about her affair with Iko Uwais. Yes, guys spend a lot of time together. But according to Celia, everyone’s heart is occupied by other people who in no way belong to the series “Wu Assassins”.
Wu Assassins Season 2: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|