In 2018, Netflix introduced us to the disturbing crime drama “You”, in which a man named Joe Goldberg tries to find love. As an emotional person, he perfectly remembered a childhood in which there was nothing good. His own mother left him, leaving with the youngest child, and since then Joe has been building his own destiny…
“You ss 4”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the psychological thriller “You” has been officially announced. It is known that the show of the season 4 will be divided into 2 parts:
Part 1 will be released on February 10, 2023,
Part 2 — on March 10, 2023.
Joe Goldberg has been working in a bookstore for so long that he knows the smallest nuances of even the most dilapidated book. For many years he was taught by a true master of his craft and at the same time the most cruel person he knew — the owner of this shop. Now Joe is great at handling any problem. One day a charming blonde comes to his work.
Guinevere Beck, as she was called, came for another masterpiece book, which she can be inspired by, and later write her own poems. Deciding to get to know the girl better, Joe begins to follow her. After a week, he realizes how much he is in love. First, he eliminates her boyfriend, who was fatally hit with a hammer because he trusted a stranger. So Goldberg “saved” his beloved from those he did not like.
As a result, Beck found out about Joe’s real identity and tried to fight back, but at the end of season 1, Goldberg outwitted and killed his beloved. After her death, Joe managed to piece together all the poems of the victim and create a book, which was allegedly written by Guinevere. So he wanted to pay tribute to the girl, whom he loved with all his soul. In season 2, he met an old acquaintance and then something worse.
Love, another girl with whom Goldberg wanted to build a relationship, turned out to be a real monster. The thirst for her blood was so strong that at one point Joe realized that this could no longer continue. Trying to kill her, the guy learns that Love is pregnant from him. Then Goldberg makes a difficult decision, in which his desire to take responsibility for raising a child takes over.
But the family life of such people is not what the poor little creature deserves. Joe offers to divorce, but Love doesn’t want to. Joe should not get to anyone, so the girl decides to poison him, but he guessed about her plans and eventually remains alive. After picking up the child, Goldberg leaves. As a result, he left the baby at the doorstep of those people who really deserve it.
Now the plot of season 4 is under a big question, about which nothing is yet known. It is only known that the main role will remain with Penn Badgley, whose fee was raised to 300 thousand dollars per season.
Actors and their roles
- Joe Goldberg — experienced domestic violence as a child; once did not give his mother offense and killed her lover; after the incident, his mother gave him to be raised by strangers; grew up a very polite, sociable guy, could support any conversation, but no one knew that his thoughts were not at all friendly — Penn Badgley.
- Guinevere Beck — Joe’s first serious love; he liked to follow her life, help her in everything, create comfort, but he went too far in his desires; thought she was as comfortable as he was for him, after which Joe killed her in season 1; Goldberg published a book of poetry on her behalf — Elizabeth Lail.
- Love Quinn — is in a difficult relationship with her relatives; at the end of season 2, her brother tried to kill Joe, but did not succeed in the end, as he was shot from behind; became Joe’s wife and could not accept the thought of divorcing him; wanted to poison him with aconite, which she grew in her garden — Victoria Pedretti.
- Penn Badgley’s most prominent role is Daniel Humphrey from the TV series “Gossip Girl”, which aired from 2007 to 2012. The big intrigue of the picture turned out that Dan is the Gossip Girl, which the audience could not even think of for all 6 seasons. It was because of the successfully played role that he was taken to the “You” project, because from his appearance it is difficult to guess that he is a man with dark thoughts.
- In 2019, the movie “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” was released on TV, in which Victoria Pedretti co-starred with Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. The actress was even credited with an affair with handsome Pitt, who had just divorced his wife Angelina Jolie. In 2020, it became known that the rumors were fiction in order to whet the public’s interest in the picture.
- Elizabeth Lail also starred in the TV series “Gossip Girl” as did Penn Badgley. But the picture, which starred Elizabeth, released in 2021, is a sequel to the original project with Penn.
You Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||February 10, 2023|
|4x02||Series 2||February 10, 2023|
|4x03||Series 3||February 10, 2023|
|4x04||Series 4||February 10, 2023|
|4x05||Series 5||February 10, 2023|
|4x06||Series 6||March 10, 2023|
|4x07||Series 7||March 10, 2023|
|4x08||Series 8||March 10, 2023|
|4x09||Series 9||March 10, 2023|
|4x10||Series 10||March 10, 2023|