The Swedish TV series takes us to a small town where a large number of refugees have appeared in recent years. The local population is outraged, especially when there is a series of shocking crimes. Police officer Kurt Wallander takes on this case, becoming a target for the bandits. Many trials will fall to his lot. But kindness and a sense of justice will not let him go astray.
“Young Wallander ss 2”: release date, announcement
The exact details of the sequel to “Young Wallander” have not yet appeared. It remains only to wait for the decision of the creators of the show.
It can be assumed that NETFLIX, which promotes the TV show, will order the next season a little later, which could be released in September 2021. After all, one year of the difference between the seasons is the average rate for such projects.
Kurt Wallander didn’t really dream of becoming a police officer, but it worked out the way it happened – he worked for the government, and quite well. His best friend had recently gotten a promotion, and now Kurt was waiting to be the next lucky one. Living not in the best area of the city, Wallander tried not to disclose who he worked, because he would immediately succumb to ridicule and beatings.
He lived in an apartment in a house where people of different nationalities lived. They did not like the police here, they believed that all the troubles constantly passed on to the refugees. The only people Kurt spoke to were a Negro woman next door and her son Ibra. The guy was very gifted, but his mother had to work hard to keep him away from this terrible atmosphere of hopelessness and easy money.
Kurt greatly appreciated the actions of his mother-neighbor. Thanks to her efforts, Ibra had a pretty good future. But one day he witnessed an emergency. On the soccer field in their block, someone tied a guy to a net and taped up his mouth. The poor guy desperately resisted, and the locals took pictures with him, like with an animal.
Deciding to end this mess, Wallander asks the crowd to part, showing the cop badge. While he is looking for those involved in this action, the unknown approached the tied poor fellow and tore the tape from his mouth. Kurt only has time to notice for a split second that the guy had a grenade in his mouth, which eventually blew his head off.
Having survived such a tragedy, Kurt decides to find the culprit by all means. This case shouldn’t be left to another cop. For Wallander, this matter becomes a priority, especially when the chief makes him the main one in the investigation and entrusts the most serious assignments. Kurt does not yet know how badly he got in and what obstacles await him on the way to the killer.
In the meantime, a local rich man is getting into the matter more and more, who decided that the police should provide him with all the information about the current state of affairs at the police station. While Wallander is injured in an alley, the rich man does not sit idly by. And soon he will show his true face…
Actors and their roles
- Kurt Wallander – a young police officer who wants to make a career; fair, honest, decent, smart cop; witnessed a brutal murder at the fault of a refugee; in love with a girl who helps refugees escape justice; tries to persuade her to help reveal the identity of the culprit – Adam Palsson.
- Mona – works with refugees, providing them with food, shelter; is respectful of any religion; does not allow to put pressure on her charges during interrogation, zealously guarding them; keeps many secrets from Wallander, but only because he is a police officer investigating a case against refugees; in love with him – Ellise Chappell.
- Ibra – a young guy who has a bright future due to his success; becomes the main suspect in a murder case on the site, but does not reveal all the secrets, since in this way he will frame his friends; Kurt helps Ibra get rid of the punishment, because the policeman is sure of the boy’s innocence – Jordan Adene.
- Due to the huge number of refugees in Sweden, the director did not have to look for people of different nationalities for extras for a long time. Contacting the first migrant reception center, Jens Jonsson invited several people to participate in a TV series for a small fee. They agreed readily because there was not much work for them.
- The film crew consisted of 100 people, half of whom were on the set every day. Since the second part of the 1st season had to be filmed in the conditions of coronavirus, an additional 10 thousand euros was allocated for personal protective equipment, which were used by all members of the group, without exception.
- Jordan Adene has starred in projects from a very young age. Inspired by the film “Hancock”, which starred his favorite actor Will Smith, Jordan decided to become an equally popular black guy. Then he passed the first casting, and only after his first role, he began to attend acting courses.
Young Wallander Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||September 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||September 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||September 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||September 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||September 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||September 2021|